Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Paleo Cookie Dough Bites

Wow, I am sore! 150 wall balls destroyed my legs and then the last two days of workouts makes it hurt when I laugh. I love the feeling since I think of sore as myself getting stronger, which is my ultimate goal. I am not going to lie though when I am happy that this week is the last week of the Crossfit Open. I find myself a little obsessed with checking scores, watching workouts, and sweating all day Wednesday wondering what the next workout is going to be, then getting nervous about the workout on Saturday. Training for the open has been a blast and its been a lot of hard work, but I have loved every minute of it and can't wait to see what other CrossFit goals I can accomplish. I am super excited to cheer our team on at Regionals more than anything! If it wasn't for CrossFit, I probably never would have found the paleo diet and been able to make all these great recipes! 

So I came across this recipe on dessertstalker.com. This is a great site to find paleo treats since it takes recipes from TONS of websites and compiles them here and I was craving a sweet of somesort. I'm sorry I have such a sweet tooth, but by making some paleo treats its better than me eating some cake. This recipe looked really interesting and I was really skeptical since I LOVE cookie dough. So much that I am the one that digs out all of the pieces of cookie dough in ice cream, I layer it on as a topping at those yogurt places, and if someone is making cookies, I'm the first person to lick the bowl and spoons. Naturally, I had to see how this recipe stacked up to real cookie dough. 


Ingredients: 

3/4 Cup Almond Flour
3 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
2 Tbsp organic grass fed butter
1 Tbsp coconut flour
1 Tbsp vanilla (hmm...more on this later)
1 Tbsp coconut milk
1 Tbsp agave
Chocolate Chips- add as much as you like

Super easy recipes as you just put all the ingredients together and mix. Now when I was making this I was really skeptical about the 1 tablespoon of vanilla. Though I followed the recipe and did it anyway. I had to add a little extra coconut milk, but the mixture formed little cookie balls super easy that stayed together. It didn't say to put in the fridge, but I think this is necessary. After about 30min I took one out and dug in. A little different flavor then what I was expecting as in way to much vanilla for my taste though they still tasted yummy. I only had one since the flavor was a little overpowering. After a day in the fridge they seemed to taste better. I'm not sure they deserve the title as cookie dough bites, but more Paleo Raw Chocolate Chip Balls. I would make these again, but would decrease the amount of vanilla to about a teaspoon. I found another recipe after this one with the same title as 'cookie dough' and am interested in how that one tastes too. 


Ok I need to foam roll big time. The open has shown me too that taking care of your body is super important also. I think I might try some paleo 'corn dogs' soon too, found a recipe that looks good..stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment