So I love paleo desserts. I really think for the most part they are better than regular full sugar, gluten full desserts. Of coures paleo desserts have the same rules, only in moderation. These brownies were close to impossible to have just one of! They are amazing and probably one of my favorite paleo desserts I have made to the day. On top of that, they are super easy to make too. Great dessert for Christmas, which I think I intend on making this one for my family. Especially, since my mom rocks and told me she bought some kitchen appliances I'll see soon in the mail. SCORE!! More cooking for all of you :-)
RECIPE: Magic Brownie Bars from PaleOmg
FOR THE BROWNIE LAYER:
- 15 dried medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
For the top layer
- 1.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Cream Concentrate or homemade coconut butter (I used the butter)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 egg whites, whisked until foamy
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees. I did 375, my little oven didn't go to 365 :-(
- Now add your dates to the food processor and begin to pulse until you get a clumpy paste, it won't take long.
- Then add your coconut oil and cocoa powder to the food processor and puree until well mixed and it has become smoother.
- Then add your eggs, coconut flour, honey, vanilla, baking soda and powder, and salt and puree until smooth.
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish with some extra coconut oil, then pour in your brownie mix and smooth out throughout the dish. I of course only had a circle baking dish, but it worked!
- Now make the top layer. Add your shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut butter, and honey to a bowl and heat in the microwave. Just to heat it up so it can mix it up, around 30sec.
- Mix ingredients together ingredients until smooth then add your whisked egg whites and mix well.
- Pour topping over your brownie batter and smooth out until covering the entire surface of the brownie.
- Add dish to oven and baking for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool then cut into pieces.THEY ARE AMAZING..Thank you Juli!!!