|Haha So true...pick your battles|
A great example are my brother and dad. They always made fun of me and the way I ate. Saying I was so high maintenance and should just eat. Well I look at food at a different way then them and they just did not understand. All of a sudden though they saw the improvements that I was making with myself and changes in my body and new that something must be going right and CAME to me! They now both have respectively lost 10-15 pounds. I am proud and can not wait to teach them more recipes and help them understand why I love this type of eating.
Alright enough with the paleo crap talk, right?? If you are reading this blog you probably already eat Paleo, but whatevs, I'm sure you can relate! So awhile back I had some grass-fed burgers and avocado. Sounded super boring to me...until I found this recipe by George over at Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations that combined the two! Genius!!
|This is what they are supposed to look like!|
- 2 Lbs GrassFed (IMPORTANT!!!) Ground Beef
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Cup Sun dried tomatoes, chopped NO OIL
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Sea Salt
- Bacon Fat (Optional)
Super easy ingredients, I had all of these (even the sun dried tomatoes) in my kitchen. I don't really like sun-dried tomatoes so not sure why I had them. I put like 1/3 cup in...did I mention I don't really like them?
1. So fire up that grill! You could sauté them too, but I love the grill, I cook everything on it.
2. First, smash up the ground beef with the 1 Tbsp sea salt and black pepper, and zest of 1 lemon.
3. In a separate bowl smash up the avocados with rest of sea salt, black pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, and lemon juice. BAM. I added some cilantro...I LOVE CILANTRO.
4. Ok so here is the trick, making two thin, small burgers that you can stack to make one burger that hopefully isn't bigger than your head. I definitely struggle at this, I couldn't get it to stay together the thinner I made it. I finally someone figured it out for the most part.
5. On one burger top it will the avocado mixture and then take another burger and put it on top and pinch the edges. I had a really hard time getting the avocado mixture not to spill out. Just keep playing around with it until all burgers are 'stuffed'
6. Go ahead and throw those suckers on the grill, around 6-8 minutes a side and drizzle some bacon fat on there if you have...amazing.
7. After they are done, let them rest for about 10 minutes and dig in. There wasn't nearly enough avocado inside it so I topped them with the rest of the mix I didn't use.
|This is what mine looked like...not as good as his, but still tasty|
Super tasty and super easy. Two qualities I love in recipes. I paired these with a sweet potato chips and sautéed some spinach!
Excited to be back making yummy recipes or not so yummy recipes...but haven't ran into one of those yet :-).