I also got to play in a hockey tournament this past weekend, which was a blast since I haven't played in over a year! It was just like riding a bike..kinda. I think I looked like a fool, but I had a lot of fun and the team I played with was a blast. We were a Co-ed team and focus more on fun then anything else. Why take sports too seriously..not worth it!
So since I was heading to my aunt and uncles I had to find a recipe that I knew that they would enjoy along with being paleo. So I thought something with Sweet potatoes would work. I searched for a lot of recipes, but this one had the simplest ingredients and looked so yummy. It was not hard to make at all and I made it beforehand and just cooked it at their house. It was a HUGE hit, so much that my cousins wanted the recipe so their mom could make it for them again. I was excited it tasted so good and had lots of leftovers, which since has been demolished. So it is a little sweet so don't feel like you have to put in all the honey if you don't want too. I would make this anytime!
RECIPE: Sweet Potato Casserole
For the Potatoes:
- Around 3 cups of baked sweet potatoes (I used 2 large and 2 small)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (used grass-fed)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or heavy cream) - I used cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the Topping:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Make sure you bake/boil/etc your sweet potatoes. You can bake them at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until soft. Make sure you remove the skin after you are done.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix your sweet potatoes first and mash them then add the honey, beaten eggs, butter, cream, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and put into a baking dish..yup that easy!!! I didn't have a 11x7 like the recipe said, so I had a 9x9 I believe that worked well. Just use what you got!
- Place almond four, coconut flour, honey, salt, and butter in a mixing bowl and stir until combined. Then add the pecans and mix together.
- Spread the topping on top of the sweet potatoes. I now brought it over to my uncles house and cooked it there for 20 minutes
- Check it and make sure the top is golden brown, it took about 25 minutes for mine to brown up.
- Eat it up!!! So tasty, and goes well with turkey :-) Happy Thanksgiving